HeartCode® ACLS– PART 1
Approved by the American Heart Association
Approx. 10 hrs.
$120 pp (rate set by AHA)
This course from the American Heart Association has been updated to reflect new science based on the 2010 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC.
HeartCode® ACLS is an official, self-directed, comprehensive eLearning program from the American Heart Association (AHA). HeartCode® ACLS Part 1 uses eSimulation technology to present realistic patient scenarios. Students are presented with a team dynamics lesson, 10 ACLS hospital-based case scenarios, and a written exam.
While interacting with the program, students assess each patient, formulate a treatment plan based on ACLS guidelines, and provide treatment. Successful completion of Part 1, the cognitive component, and Parts 2 and 3, skills practice and testing with an AHA ACLS Instructor or a voice-assisted manikin (VAM) system, meets the requirements for obtaining an AHA ACLS Provider course completion card.
At the conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Recognize and initiate early management of periarrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating automated external defibrillator (AED) use
- Recognize and manage respiratory arrest
- Recognize and manage cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post–cardiac arrest care
- Recognize and initiate early management of acute coronary syndromes, including appropriate disposition
- Recognize and initiate early management of stroke, including appropriate disposition
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
HeartCode ACLS Part 1 is for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies, specifically those seeking an alternative (nonclassroom) method for completing an initial or update ACLS Course. HeartCode ACLS Part 1 requires prior knowledge that will be applied in using the ACLS treatment algorithms. To be successful in any ACLS course, students should be able to identify ECG rhythms and should know pharmacology specific to cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiopulmonary emergencies before beginning the course
HeartCode® ACLS– PART 2 & 3
In-Person Skills Session & Test
Approx. 3 hrs.
|Payment due day of services|
Part 1 must be paired with a hands-on skills practice and testing session (Parts 2 and 3) with an AHA ACLS Instructor. Students who successfully complete Part 1 receive a certificate that allows them entrance to a skills practice and testing session.
Skills sessions are not included with the purchase of an online (Part 1) course key. Students can schedule and purchase a skills session with SJG Emergency Response Training & Consulting, L.L.C. For admission into a skills session, students must present their Part 1 Certificate of Completion to the SJG-designated AHA Instructor.
Please call or email our office to set up your skills session today!